Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fight Night Southern IL Style

So, tonight is the first MMA style fight event that Southern Illinois has seen. It will be interesting. Most of the guys and one of the girls that I have been training with here will be fighting, so god luck to all of them. The fight was less than a week away when I got here, otherwise I would have thought about competing, but it would not have been the smart thing to do. As it turns out, our coach's wife is in my weight class and couldn't find anyone to fight. Oh well, others will come.

Also, on a North Carolina note- CONGRATULATIONS to all the badasses from New Bern Jiu Jitsu (my fight family back home). They whooped ass at Ruckus In The Cage (a fight in VA today). A special congrats to my girl Steph who got second in her division in her first tournament. I wish I could have been there!!

As far as my training is concerned- jiu jitsu is at least once a day Mon-Thurs here, so Thurs night after class I took my puppy for a short run in the rain. Yesterday- I had a really good kb workout with my dad in the driveway of our house (in the woods) and then came into town to my real dad and step mom's house for a run. I felt so strong- I knocked 6 miles out like it was nothing and I was keeping a pretty good pace. When I got back I did some abs on our decline bench and a few light deadlifts. It felt really good. Today, I just did a short run (with the dog again- he's l-a-z-y and we're definitely gonna have to fix that). And more abs and deadlifting in the basement. There's no kettlebells here at this house, but I think tonight might be perfect for a late night kb workout at my momma house!

I have pictures from the lake and other random stuff that I've done since I've been home which I'll post soon. I'm really looking forward to getting back to NC, to the places I love to train and all my own beloved kettlebells ;) I'm a dork.

1 comment:

Brett Jones said...

Hey Dork - great to see you posting again and hope things are going as well as the can be. The MacGiever SportBra Headlight has got to be a marketable product. ;)