Thursday, September 27, 2007

I promise I'll get better...

I know that I have really been neglecting my blog, but other things have been occupying all my time, and I have satellite internet where I live (in the sticks). FYI: Satellite internet isn't exactly broadband... it's as slow as dial up, but doesn't work in the rain. Anyway. I have been training really hard. I'll give a brief rundown of what the last week's been like:
I have been going 4 days a week to jiu jitsu, and two of those days there's a stand-up class immediately afterwards. Pretty good group of guys I've been training with. I've been working the 15:15 up to 35 sets (w/the 16k) and doing a bagillion swings, lunges, high pulls, clean/jerks, presses, pistols, and still working on the damn OAPU. I don't know what my battle with that is all about. I have been running myself into the ground since I also am making a concerted effort to get some miles in (running) to keep my sanity.

This weekend was super f'n fun. We stayed out at the lake all weekend on my family's boat and jet skied and jumped off stupid high cliffs into the water. I am such a lake bum. It was so fun. The sweet part was that some of the rocks we climbed from the water and then jumped back in (I don't know how high, but I'd guesstimate a good 4 stories). I couldn't get enough (well, until I did a spectacular 1 1/2 flip off of a not-high-enough spot and ended up belly flopping... holy ouch Batman).

I also forgot to mention that I've been flying as much as possible working on my private pilot's license. Really expensive hobby, buy I totally love it. I'm cool with the takeoffs and landing, but I taxi down the runway about as well as I drive (not well at all).

All of my time has been in kettlebells, jiu jitsu, and helping my mom out as much as possible. I'm looking forward to heading back to NC in a few weeks and being back with my jiu jitsu "family" back there, lol. I miss them- Jerry, Stevie, Steph, Richie, all of thems (even the handsome blond guy who's name I don't know that Jerry made me blush in front of, HA!).

That's all for now. I am going to start logging my training better, really I promise. And as for my lack of structure- I am gearing my kettlbell training towards making myself better at jj and fighting in general. I had a definite advantage when I got here- even training with dudes, as I had awesome endurance, speed, and core strength (hip power) that has given me a fighting chance on the mat (no pun intended... yeah, I'm still a dork).

1 comment:

fawn said...

Cliff jumping (i'm too scared to dive) is awesome!

What is OAPU?