Monday, September 3, 2007

Dirty Girl

I don't know why everyone gets such a kick out of the fact that I like to work on my jeep, but there's even these dorks on the flikr site with a group called "Girls N Jeeps." Needless to say, I'm not exactly the topless bikini model bent over the hood of her boyfriend's jeep with a bucket of water and suds everywhere that they look for. But, none the less, I do like to work on my jeep. Unfortunately, when I lifted it up, I didn't drop the transfer case (to keep clearance) and something funky happened that caused it to grind in reverse.


So today, I took it apart, fixed it, and changed the oil.

Damn fun thing to do in the Sunday sunshine. Damn funny thing to do if you ask my room-mate who thought it was worthy of a photo op. I needed to post a picture of my beloved Jeep up here anyway since it didn't get proper photo recognition in my "Renee Proof Things I <3"

P.S. If you ever find yourself in a position having already drained the oil, but unable to unscrew the filter because your ding-dong puppy ate your filter wrench- hammering a flathead srewdriver into it and cranking it off that way works just as well ;)

Now I cross my fingers for rain tonight, so we can go tear it up in the mud tomorrow :)*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad your roomie found humor in it...I dig the pics! ;) D'you get to go muddin?

Renee said...

Sara> No- boo. Hopefully we'll get some rain soon though!