Thursday, August 16, 2007

Yesterday

My day started off wonderful today due to getting a super sweet email from a friend who's a long way away from here. So I've had this silly cheesy grin on my face all day thinking about it. It's so funny how people 1/2 way across the globe can make you smile in so many ways. Anyway.

In trying to incorporate some structure into my routine- I have made Wed my deadlift days and Thurs my intense ab days (all supplemented by kb work of course). Yesterday I did:

deadlifts:
straight-leg~ touch & go (bar only)
feet together x10
feet should width x10
feet almost plie x10

sumo~
150 x3
180 x3
220x 3
240 x3

other post-d.l. random stuff:
5 sets of 36:36 V02 max w/16k
5 dbl fr. squats w/ 24k's (holy hell)
10 dbl fr. squats w/ 16k's
5L/5R 16k TGU's (alt sides)
10 deck suqats w/16k
3L/2R pistols w/12k
20L/20R airborne lunges

fab-5 abs
10 get-up sit-ups w/16k
5 janda sit-ups
10L/10R weighted sit-ups w/12k

My friend who is the head trainer at the gym I go to to d.l. says that I make some super funny faces, so next time I'll have him take pictures. I have no doubt that he's telling the truth. Some random guy did come up to me and compliment me on my "perfect" form (I doubt that highly), which was really nice to hear, because I have been pulling any weight at all for such a short time. But, I did have an advantage from my k.b. form I suppose. Also, I figured out the key to not having an insanely sore lower back the next day is this super stretch that Jim showed me and the recommendations from the Dragon Door forum. So, that's super- except I spent the whole day in Raleigh (a few hours away) today, lots of time in the car and then straight to school, so I am going to try and squeeze in some k.b.s and a run tonight.

2 comments:

fawn said...

DL 240lbs for reps!!! WOW, that's great! Your numbers are going to be awesome!

I just started training for TSC next month.

Renee said...

Thanks Fawn. I hope so- I know I will plateau soon though. Not looking forward to that, but I'll do what it takes. How is your training coming?