Saturday, August 18, 2007

I'm a movie star!!

Actually, not really. Not at all in fact. They shot the commercial for the studio that I teach out of yesterday, and despite the lengthy footage they took- I am told they will select 30 seconds of it to actually be used in a commercial. I'll make sure to post it when it comes out.

I scheduled my workout around that and some guys that come here to train with one of our WEC fighters Brian Stann- who has a fight coming up Sept 5th-everyone should watch. He's a great guy, awesome fighter, Marine, and has a baby on the way (very soon). But, he's a badass fighter more than anything, so it will for sure be a good show.

I started off my training with the intent of working V02 Max 36:36 w/ the 16k for 15 sets. But they guys needed the timer back to train, so I only got one set in. But then I used the timer as they had it set and just did 2 min on, 1 min rest, 2 min on for about 3 sets. I love snatching the 16k. It wears me out, but I love it. For the rest of my workout, I decided to try and swing for a little while waiting for them to get done, so that I could train kb's with one of them. I got 1/2 way through what I wanted to do- and finished the other 1/2 after I trained with him. I used the same format as my 1700 swing workout, but only did 1000 this time like this:

20 2-hand swings
(30 sec rest)

5 sets = 100 swings

50 transfer swings
(30 sec rest)
50 2-hand swings
(30 sec rest)
5L/5R one-arm swings x5 each side
(30 sec rest)
25 transfer swings into 25 2-hand swings
(30 sec rest)
= 200/set
2 sets

fab-5 abs
10 get-up sit-ups
20L/20R weighted sit-ups


Then I trained with my guys for a little under and hour and repeated the whole thing for another 2 sets. If my calculations are right- I knocked out 500 per round for 1000 total.

I had fun with this, because it was hot as hell in there when I was working out, because the guys were bangin' around and there was also a jj class going on. Speaking of- I finally get to hit the mat again this afternoon at a place about an hour away. There's a black belt that runs a school in New Bern who has been nice enough to let me come roll today (can't really during the week because of class at night)! I'm UBER excited!

No comments: