Sunday, August 26, 2007

Saturday

Yesterday was wonderful and just what I needed to channel my aggression into some constructive form of, well, getting my ass handed to me by some awesome jiu jitsu guys. They have been so good to me since I started rolling up there. I can't tell you how much I really appreciate Jerry letting me train- and- teach kettlebells afterwards. YAY! It was such a blast. I didn't quite bring my "a" game to the class when I was teaching, but I think I got my point across. Up to this point we had been doing a lot of drills with some of the guys, and not really explaining why (body tightness, etc.). So it was a good class for the guys that I have already worked with and also for the guys that have never touched a kettlebell in their life. I didn't roll really hard, just a lot of drills (which is what I need right now)- also, my mind isn't exactly in the game 100% for the time being, which means really, that my body has no game as of present.

I really can't say enough about what great guys (and Steph) he has up there and what a class act his academy is. You can check it out at www.newbernbrazillianjiujitsu.com. Jerry is an awesome coach and a great guy. Nothing better than sweatin' your ass off for a few hours and then kicking back to watch Randy Coture wreck house! GSP too. Loved it! Good fights, great company.

No comments: