Sunday, August 26, 2007

Training With My Room-mate

My room-mate and I were looking for something to do before we went to the beach today, so I decided to make her get out and give the 36:36 protocol a shot doing high pulls (since her snatches aren't quite perfected yet). We went back and forth timing each other through 2 sets (me doing 36:36 w/ the 16k and her 36:36 w/ 12k high-pulls). After that we did some body weight stuff like ariel lunges, UAPU's (which I have certainly not yet mastered), pistols (which is what she has not quite yet mastered), then swings, deck squats, and k.b. d.l. and other random things. She was getting really frustrated, but I was having fun, so we only stayed out for a little while. I'm sure that the neighbors thought we were nuts because it was a bazillion degrees outside, but it was worth it for a nice, short "day-off" work out.

~There's nothing like napping by the ocean in the sunshine.~

And hell-yeah Spongebob was part of our workout. That's Gabe's chair to his little table, and coincidentally, the perfect size for someone trying to learn how not to "fall" into a pistol squat. Plus it's short enough that she actually had to use some muscle and not momentum to stand back up. She's learning really quick, but gets frustrated easily, because she's my best friend and doesn't take kindly to my "help."

I can officially now do two pistols on e/leg with 16k (the pics are with a 12k I think though), which is funny because some of the top-heavy guys that I train can't do them without a 12k in front of them. My next attempt will be the pistol squat w/ the 16k in high-heels... lol, maybe not. And, no- I have not figured out how not to make goofy faces in pictures yet, but I wouldn't hold your breath on that one ;)


1 comment:

Iron Tamer said...

Very strong, very seep, good work!