Thursday, August 23, 2007

Grateful

I just talked last night about how grateful I was for all the wonderful things in my life and how lucky I was. Today I was thrown a curve-ball. I am so grateful for everything I have and am. But, more than anything, you can never be too grateful for people in your life who have made you who you are and gotten you through when even you didn't believe in yourself. My inspiration, the one person I admire more than anyone, the person one person who has loved me unconditionally my whole life, is my mom. She is, by and far, the toughest woman I know. She has been my strength, my best friend, and the best mother (even when I was an ungrateful brat growing up). I could go on for pages and pages about everything we've been through and how much I love her, but I can only hope that she knows this already, and that now I can be 1/2 of the strength that she has always been for me. I wouldn't be here right now without her always believing in me, and now its my turn to believe in her and the power of the Lord to get through this. Floating through life counting your blessings is the easy part. You can never be too grateful...

2 comments:

Lauren Brooks said...

Congratulations on your recent opening of your kettlebell gym. I love to see your enthusiasm. This is a very wonderful post about being grateful. It really shows how much our loved ones influence us in life.

Keep up the wonderful work!

Lauren 8-)

Renee said...

Lauren> Thanks girl. I really appreciate it :)