Friday, August 31, 2007

This One's For You Em

Anyone who has ever seen me, in person or in pictures, knows that I stay carrying a little junk in my trunk (if you're stupid- that means I have a booty- even when I'm skinny). However, my room-mate... not so much. She has very low body fat, and very low booty-mass. It doesn't really make sense to me, because she has really defined legs, arms, and abs- just not so much butt. Enough about her anatomy. She doesn't like talking about it anyway. In my quest to lure her into kettlebell workouts, I promised her I would make a "booty builder" workout. I am basing this on the assumption that no one has already done this, and if they have, then this is Renee's booty-building workout. The problem with strengthening her glutes (getting her a butt) is not that she has too get rid of fat back there. Like I mentioned, she has very low body fat, so its all about building muscle and fighting her genetic predisposition the best we can. So, here's my workout for the evening, and the booty builder workout for effective derriere definition.

warm-up:
20 2-hand swings
1L/1R pistol squat
*5 sets*

workout:
10 deck squats (w/16k)
3-5L/3-5R TGU's (w/12 or 16k)
10L/10R reverse lunges (w/2 16k's racked)
20 double 16k swings
5L/5R front squats (wide stance)
10 squat/thrust/push-ups (w/24ks)
25 hindu squats
5L/5R ariel squats
10 straight-leg deadlifts
*3 sets*
(30 sec rest between exercises)

My workout included guard presses and clean/presses, because my upper body needed a little play, but did not include the deadlifts, because I prefer to do these with a bar (didn't have access to that at 11:30pm in my living room). I also finished off with 15 min of abs (weighted sit-ups, get-up sit-ups, jandas, stomach vacuuming, etc.) I wanted to hit the 36:36 tonight, but my shoulders were smoked from boxing before class. I love boxing and jiu jitsu. I have a great coaches who push me and are hard on me to make me better at their respective sports every single time I hit the mat or jump in the ring. I consider myself extremely lucky to be blessed with such awesome people in my life.

** Oh yeah, If anyone knows where I can find a video of the proper way (if there is one) of doing full-contact twists with kettlebells, I would be very grateful**




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the st. leg DLs :( I love doing them with the bar, too. But HATE doing them in the gym (for obvious reasons, as a fellow "real lifter chick," [i/e none of that sissy lifting crap]I'm sure you can feel me on this one). So before Mike deployed last year, he got me one (and plates of course), so I could train at home. It's pretty nice to be able to walk out back and hit 'em GTG style. :)

Renee said...

Nice= I'm jealous!