Friday, August 10, 2007

Mmmm... Abs

Thursday is my new abs day (where I want that to be my main focus).

I love working abs, so I compiled a routine that was damn near an entire workout by itself. If done with proper form- its a freakin' ass-kicker. But, I love it when I wake up and my abs are screamin'. I threw in some other lower body stuff just for kicks at the end.

workout:
random push-ups (working on 1 arm) and pistols
1 min. hot potato x3

50 double-racked kettlebell standing twists (knee to opposite elbow)
10 get-up sit-ups
50 lying waist twist (25L/25R)
10L/10R rack-hold sit-ups
10L/10R gladiator press (I'm sure that's not the right name)
10 hanging knees to elbows
3 dragon flags (need lots of work on my form)
5 janda sit-ups
3 sets

10 deck squats
10L/10R fr. squats
20 rev. lunges
20 deep side lunges
5 sets

Awesome workout for my abs and booty. My lower back was a little sore from Wed's dead-lifting, so I wasn't feelin' like I could put much hip drive into anything. This was a super alternative.


No comments: