Monday, August 13, 2007

What a weekend!!

I know that I've said it before, but I am taking very demanding classes this semester, so when I'm not training, I'm studying. I spent most of this weekend with three of my close friends that are leaving for Iraq. One of them is my kick-boxing coach :( Boo. He's a freakin' badass and I'm going to miss training with him. I took Fri off instead of Sun because of this. Besides them leaving, everything is wonderful right now. My god-son comes home from his daddy's this week (I miss him so much), but I think his stupid grandparents shaved his mohawk off. This is what a cool kid he is (climbing into my jeep):
















Fri I trained with my fighter who leaves for his fight this Thurs! He's improved so much with his coordination and power. I went in a little early and knocked out some sq/th/pushups, pistols, random stuff on the rings, and more abs, but nothing too demanding.

Sat I just did a little run.

Yesterday was the ass-kicker (literally, lol). A breakfast date to say goodbye to Kurt (my kickboxing coach for the last year or so) turned into training at the studio I work out of. They have great heavy bags and he happened to have his gear with him. So, we took off and did this:

warm-up:
tabata style pushups, squats, and leg raises
we threw in some sq/th/pushups (cause I <3 them)
10 min shadow boxing w/o gloves
10 min shadow boxing w/ gloves
20 min on heavy bags
20 min pad work (my favorite)
15 min random drills


then...

a ton of jandas with Jim (the owner of the studio) and Micah
Fab-5 ab workout
pistols
dragonflags

After I got done with Micah, I stayed around to:

36:36 version of V02 max with the 16k.
15 sets

That was what really did me in. I was pretty beat from kickboxing, and still made my way through it, but only 15 sets (I wanted to do 20) because my form was getting u-g-l-y.

Needless to say it was a long day, but I loved it. It was so much fun to do nothing but work myself and my clients out. And, I am seriously considering locking Kurt in the closet at the studio so he can't deploy and can stay here to train me :) Today I'm headed to the beach with one of my girlies. Yay! Thinking about taking the KBs out there for some fun in the sunshine!

No comments: