Tuesday, July 3, 2007

What NOT to Do...

Great workout last night (evening). However, the last 10 minutes taught me a very valuable lesson: Never take responsibility for a 3 year old when the neighbors are setting off fireworks and you are in the last 10 reps of a swing ladder. No one is sick, injured, or maimed so no real harm was done. But, enough said about that.

AM: easy 3.5 mile (30 min) jog with my room-mate

PM:

16k 2-handed swing ladder-
50 swings
10 hindu sq.
(30 sec)
40 swings
20 hindu sq.
(30 sec)
30 swings
30 hindu sq.
(30 sec)
20 swings
40 hindu sq.
(30 sec)
10 swings
50 hindu sq.
(1 min)
2 sets

10 "cheating" crush curls (I used my fingers alot towards the end)
2 min around body passes (1 min e/ way)
5L/5R windmills
2 min figure-8's (1 min e/ way)
50 tactical lunges
2 min halos (1 min e/ way)
5L/5R clean squat
3 sets

Quick Abs:
(all w/12 k)
10 get-up sit-ups
20 twists
10 hanging leg lifts

I did all the movements with a 12k except the squats where I switched to a 16k. I jumped right into the swing ladder first which was a bad idea without warming up a little, but lesson learned. Then, I did the 3 sets of movements (taking 15 sec breaks between each exercise) and finished up with another swing ladder. Afterwards I felt beat, but in a good way. Waking up this morning- I can definitely feel those 24k swings from Mon. night. Of for another jog to loosen up on a beautiful 4th of July!!




No comments: