Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I WILL Someday Say It: Hold My Glass Of Pinot And Watch This :)

So... I didn't run this morning, because of something that came up. But I had a rockin' workout this afternoon. I was being indecisive, so I was checking out my other favorite KB chicas blogs to see what they had been up to.

I really admire Tracy and her dedication. She amazes me and motivates me on a regular basis. All the other people that are linked to on my blog are super cool as well. Yoana is a little freakin powerhouse and schooled me on quite a few things while she was in her first trimester of pregnancy (talk about humbling). Sarah has given me some great tips and is a kick-ass girl herself. Kenneth and Brett, well, smart guys who know a lot of cool important stuff and are about the most entertaining people I've met.

I remember at my cert. we were leaving dinner one night and they were joking about going up to the hospitality suite to "tear up" some cards. Unaware that I am not educated in said named endeavors and under the false impression that I'm way cooler than I am- I took that to mean we were going to play cards and they were just using some tough-guy talk I wasn't familiar with. I attribute this 50% to me being a dork and 50% to the fact that, until that night, I had no idea people actually did things like tear decks of cards in 1/2 for fun. Well, I was in for quite a surprise when I was witness to, not only the tearing of cards, but the bending of nails (as in a 6" shank) and other random acts of retard strength :) I think my facial expressions spoke for themselves.

I don't consider myself to have (at all) lived a sheltered life, but the world of "hold my beer and watch this" tricks was entirely new to me. You can see this and all types of other crazy shit (like pistol jumps on and off tables and the tearing in 1/2 of phone books, etc.) at www.strongstuff.dk. Definitely worth checking out! And- even though I will never really be in the tough-guy club with any significant achievements by their standard- as soon as I acquire the ability (and I'm practicing... so watch out) to do something even remotely cool like that- I feel compelled to say, "Hold my glass of Pinot and watch this." Totally kidding...kind of :)

Anyway. My workout. I have decided to quit messing around with the 12k. I don't have much use for it anymore except my weekly SSST- which my numbers are improving, but I'm still not in the top 15 :( I'll get there. I am much newer to this game than I realized, so I'm taking things one step at a time.

In the lovely N.C. sunshine things went as follows:


warm up:
20 2-hand swings (w/16k)
(30 sec rest)
5 sets

workout:
all w/ 24k except last-
5L/5R one-leg d.l.
(30 sec rest)
20 swings
(30 sec rest)
10 fr squat 5 racked R/5 racked L
(30 sec rest)
20 swings (w/16k)
5 sets

15 min abs:
all w/ 16k except last-
20 torso twists
10 get-up sit-ups
20 torso twists
10 hanging leg raises
3 sets

All in all it felt good- well, I'm still working on good form with my 24k swings, but its definitely improving. I really felt a difference in how that applies to just about everything. Using more weight certainly makes you focus on your technique and trying to clean a 24k is just un-fun. But, I can definitely feel that its gonna hurt so good in the morning.

My 4th of July was fun. We did fireworks which my godson is absolutely, ridiculously excited about. He was still talking about it when we put him to bed :) So cute. Not ready for my own though... I can barely get the puppy to behave ;) Time for a hot shower and good sleep. I am physically tired, and after a glass of wine, I'm sleepy and relaxed. Night.

No comments: