Monday, July 30, 2007

V02 Max. Whoo-Hoo!

So, the V02 Max protocol seems to be catching everyone's attention. I, personally am loving it. I have a few questions that I have confided in my best known resources about, because I want to get maximum efficacy out of this. It has been fun, challenging, and above all- rewarding. I'm not quite as tough as Tracy, and have done very little V02 Max stuff with the 16k. I don't really know why, I have NO problem with the 12k and I do snatches with the 16k quite a bit. So, I guess there is no reason other than the fact that I am comfortable- definitely time to move up I see (yes, that was a blog epiphany, lol).

On another note, inspired by the book and Sara Cheatham's recent experiences with it- I have taken on the anti-estrogenic diet. Don't talk shit till you read the book. Just a modification of the warrior diet (in some ways) from what I can tell so far. I won't get into the details, but I feel super clean (weird I know). I have no intention of trying to lose weight with this, just reap the health benefits. Anyhow, I'll give more updates later once I am a little farther along. As of now, it rocks.

I haven't been keeping super good track of my workouts, and have been doing them at really random times (we do have my 3 y/o godson in the house, and his schedule + my room-mate's + my schedule = crazy). So, here's my best recollection of the past week's workouts:

Thurs: 4 mile run (didn't time it), grinds when I got home.

Fri:
warm-up:
100 transfer swings
snatches w/16k

workout:
V02 Max 15 sec on/15 off
(5 min rest)
40 sets x2

quickly (w/16k)-
5 sq,th,p/u
5L/5R cl, pr, sq
5L/5R windmills
5L/5R dl with 2 16k's
3 sets

finished off with 50 2-hand swings

Saturday:
Lots of random swing combos
all my favorite other things-
TGUs
body-passes
fr. squats

Sunday: Relaxation and yummy wild-catch ahi tuna...mmmm

This morning was rainy and icky out (kinda cool thunderstorms though), but it turned sunny so I'm heading out for a run in the sun and the lovely humidity.


No comments: