Monday, October 22, 2007

What I've Been Up To


I think that if I run through what my typical days have been it will bring light to why I have been absent from my blog:

I wake up @ 7:00 to my god-son prying my eyes open (most days- some days its the dog licking my face). I get him (my god-son, not the dog) ready for school, make him breakfast, and get ready. Then, once I drop him off, I head to the gym for an hour of cardio or back to the house for a 7 mile run. Come home, shower. When done with that, I spend (on average) 4 hours on the computer doing homework as I have three online classes this semester. By the time I'm done with that its time to go pick Gabe up and we usually head to the park or fishing or go somewhere with the dog. I confess, I like sneaking in a nap before then, but it doesn't usually happen. Then, I do a 30-45 min kettlebell workout before his mom gets home: low, heavy reps of strength stuff and the 15:15 protocol. Shower again, then off to boxing (w/my super wonderful coach). I shower at the boxing gym and drive an hour straight up to jiu jitsu. Roll from 7-9 pm (with my other super wonderful coach). Then, drive an hour home. Shower and sleep. Wake up and do it all over again. Oh yeah, somewhere in there I eat 6 times a day.

More than anything, spending so much damn time on this computer for school has really ruined it for me for anything else. I'm gonna make an effort to get better, but no promises till the semester is over in early Dec :)

This is a really old picture that I found saved on my computer from when Gabe was so little. In fact, he's just over 2 mos. in this picture. I can't believe it. Its like I blinked my eyes and he's a 3 year old little terror now.

5 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

Wow! Exercise much? LOL. Seriously, that's like a week's worth of activity in a day. Very impressive.

Howie B said...

Ahhh, to be a student again...

Franz Snideman said...

It goes fast...I mean kids grow up too fast!

nice pic!

Hope you are able to train more and do less computer work :)

fawn said...

I'm with Aaron... I have about a twenty minute limit. I took two days off from all the swings I did with Tracy! LOL!

Uncivil said...

Hey Renee
I'm just blog hopping locally and stopping to comment on the interesting blogs I find. It sure beats watching TV.
I thought I used to be addicted to fitness until I read some of your posts. Old age is finally taking its toll on me. Those "kettle bells" sound interesting. I've never heard of them before?
Cheers!