Tuesday, August 21, 2007

How could I forget...

So, I guess I forgot to mention in my ramblings about running, that I had an awesome time on Saturday rolling in New Bern. It was so good to be on the mats again. I really enjoyed myself! Thanks to Jerry for letting me come and Richie for making it happen. I'm going back up this Thurs and and Sat and I can't wait! If I didn't have class at night- I would for sure be up there more nights of the week.

On a side note- after spending a few years in the Marine Corps, I learned a lot of things. But, one of the first things I learned was how not to get cellulitis. For those of you who weren't scared into the use of moleskin other ridiculous measures in caring for blisters so that you wouldn't get it- cellulitis is simply an infection of your skin and underlying soft tissue caused by a break in the skin (that can get real gross if untreated). Well, apparently a spider bite constitutes the same "break in the skin" that a blister does, namely, that of a brown recluse. I noticed the bite after I got back from running Sunday night and woke up Monday with my knee swollen and weird red lines radiating from the swelling up my leg and the bite spot starting to look like a an infected blister. So, I went to the doctor and 6 hours later ended up at home in bed passed out from all the medicine (from antihistamines to antibiotics to steroids). Just completely woke up from that coma this evening. It has been super un-fun and I'm going stir crazy.

Trying to look on the bright side- I have now taken two days off (boo) and am ready to hit it super hard tomorrow! The doctor scared me in to actually taking it easy by feeding me a line of crap about the bacteria in my blood saturating my heart if my hr got elevated for any significant period of time. But, tomorrow I will dead-lift, test my snatches, and pull-ups and see where I stand for the TSC!

No comments: