Saturday, July 14, 2007

This Week

This week has been so busy. Busy=good, so no complaints here. Lots of fun things are in the week to come. There aren't a whole lot of things that I know absolutely nothing about. But, apparently rock climbing is one of them. I have an extreme aversion to being high up in the air (unless I'm in an airplane)- so maybe I have purposely avoided it. Either way, I'm about to help myself over that aversion and give it a shot tonight. A friend of mine is big into climbing, so he's taking me to an indoor facility and gonna try to get me to climb a wall. We'll see.

I have been working running into my training. Not any significant distance (which is so weird), but lots of intervals and sprints. I've also been working snatch intervals and messing around with this really cool VO2 Max thing. It rocks.

Last night was the first time in a few days that I wrote down what I did before I did it. Sometimes grinds just don't sound appealing after doing intense intervals and recording what I do decide to do: even less appealing. Anyway. Last night I put a stop to that. I was rushing through my workout, because I had food on the grill and friends on the way over (yeah, I'm a super hostess). So...

warm-up: (w/16k)
20 2-hand swings
5 sets

work-out:
swing/hindu sq ladder-
50 swings
10 squats
(30 sec rest)
40 swings
20 squats
(30 sec rest)
30 swings
30 squats
(30 sec rest)
20 swings
40 squats
(30 sec rest)
10 swings
50 squats
(30 sec rest)
2 sets

5L/5R cl/pr
5L/5R windmills
5L/5R guard press
(30 sec rest)
50 tact lunges
5L/5R fr sq
(30 sec rest)
3 sets

I did one set of the swing ladder, then the second set after I was done with everything else. For the first set, I used the 24k for the first set and the 16k for the second. I alternated the 16k and 12k into the middle sets, because I found myself losing stability for some reason when I was all the way down on a windmill- not fun. I'm not usually that easily persuaded to go to lighter weights, but being extended up and bent at the waist is not the time you want to feel your shoulder being unstable. Other than that- everything felt great. P.S. I didn't even think about loosening up or stretching afterwards (may not sound like a big deal), but I felt it this morning. Nothing a little run can't solve. I love getting blood pumping to my muscles and we finally had a day where it didn't rain and the humidity dropped below 80% - woo-hoo!! Well, enough stalling this wall-climbing attempt (insert scared face here)... I'll make sure someone takes pictures-lol.

No comments: