Saturday, June 30, 2007

Woo-Hoo For Midnight Workouts!

I don't exactly know what this says about my social life, but I decided to start my workout around 11:15 tonight. I had the pleasure of training a great guy and kick-ass fighter today. It was a really good time in the sunshine! He already has a lot of strength for lifting in the gym, but I was glad to see that I could help him develop the kind of strength that kettlebells offer so he can have the explosiveness and power that he'd like to show in his next fight.

Anyway. I was pretty tired after training in the sun all afternoon, but for some reason I got super motivated late this evening, and rocked out and awesome workout despite my hellacious blisters.

warm-up: w/ 12k
40 2-hand swings
(30 sec rest)
20 transfer swings
(30 sec rest)
3 sets

workout:
10 thrusters w/ 12ks
(1 min rest)
20 alt L/R seated presses
(30 sec rest)
40 2-hand swings w/ 16k
8 sets

20 min abs

I had messed around today with a lot of pistols and figure-8's before my workout which was a lot of fun. I will definitely be incorporating them into my workouts soon. Well, it's late now and I am sleeeeepy after the nice hot shower I just indulged in. Looking forward to another day of training George tomorrow. He's a quick learner and has picked up on everything so quickly. I can tell he's going to hate me by tomorrow night however (I got lots of "fun" planned for tomorrow's training- he takes Sun off).

No comments: