Thursday, June 21, 2007

Feeling better, so time to train again- Thank God!

Well, as I mentioned in my last post- I got pretty sick after the RKC workshop a few weeks ago. When my stubborn ass finally went to see a Dr, I found out I had strep throat. He told me to slow it down for a little while (apparently, I have a propensity to run my body a little hard, even when its telling me to slow it down). Well, the doctor seemed to concur with what my body was saying and told me just that; slow it down for a little while and take some medicine...boo.

So, I have been trying to take it easy- not running too much (it is ill-advised to run with a fever) or working out too hard for long enough. I have started to feel better the past few days, so I decided it was time to deviate from my routine of minimal swings, TGUs, and snatches that I have been doing (along with a few others to keep it interesting), and finally get back into a good groove. So, my first "real" workout (inspired by Tracy Rif) since this whole sick girl thing was awesome!

AM:
35 min run (4ish miles @ a very comfortable pace)

PM:
warm up: 10 min
5 x 40 2-hand swings alternating 12k/16k
(1 min rest between )


workout: 8 sets w/12k's
20 double swings
(45 second rest)
alt 5/10 double clean/presses
(45 second rest)
6 double clean/squats
(1 min rest between sets)

The whole workout took me about 30 min (but I wasn't paying close attention). It felt great (thanks, in part, to a healthy dose of Tylenol Cold). I don't recommend running or training on medicine, but I made sure I was adequately hydrated and kept an eye on my heart rate. Otherwise, I am excited to be easing back into training. I think jogging helped to clear my congestion and energize me for the day, making my PM workout much more productive.


No comments: