Wednesday, June 27, 2007

REVEILLE!!

So, 5:30 this morning- I got up and did my 10:00 snatch "test" for myself. Boo...that's all I have to say. Though I really shouldn't be disappointed in my numbers, I am. I did 50 on each arm to start off with and then switched roughly every 20-25 after that. Time was the factor in this which I did not give enough credit to. I could have kept going- but I stopped at the 10:00 mark to see where I was (my room-mate was counting) only to see that I was far from my goal. Though I am right handed and think that my right side is stronger (therefore quicker), it wasn't. On my left side- they just seemed to fly by, but were notably slower on my right and I lost a lot of time there (and on my10 sec. break). So, this is what I did and how I chose to haze myself afterwards:

A.M.
10:00 snatches w/ 12k
218 total
(1 10-second rest after 100th)

workout (hazing myself for not meeting my goal):
TGU R&L alt 12k/16k
20 swings w/16k
(30 second rest)
5 sets

Not much punishment for "hazing" I know, but I was also in a hurry to get my god-son dressed and to school on time. I will have to go double-hard tonight though, because not only did I not perform like I wanted to this morning, I didn't do anything yesterday except take care of my sick god-son (who, for some some reason, is more well-behaved when he is sick, wtf?).

**I really hate excuses- so please understand that my explanation herein of why I choose to or choose not to do something on a given day is only because I chose to set my priorities that way. And, I am in no way making excuses for my actions.**

No comments: