Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What Not To Do

I think I read somewhere that its a bad idea to run before you do kb's. Either way, I wasn't using my better judgment tonight when I got inappropriately excited about the new little "map my run" program that I found. I ended up running farther than I mapped out, but that's not the point. The point is that I ran before I did my kettlebell workout. Bad idea for those of you who should ever be faced with the decision. I remembered this about three miles into the run, but overestimating my own abilities, decided I would be alright. When I got home, I went to the gym downstairs and only got about 15 min in, but realizing that I was pretty worn out, only did my favorite workout to put my fighters through- to benefit myself, but also because there was no jiu jitsu tonight.

workout (w/16k):

1 min TGU's L

1 min TGU's R

30 sec L/30 sec R snatches x 2

1 min low, med, high swings

~45 second rest

1 min lunges racked L

1 min lunges racked R

1 min deck squats

1 min windmills L

1 min windmills R

~45 seconds rest

1 min clean/press L

1 min clean/press R

1 min swings low, med, high

1 min clean/fr sq L

1 min clean/fr squat R

3 x 5 minute rounds with 45 second breaks between. Given that I was pretty beat from the run- I didn't feel super strong, but still felt like a pretty decent workout.

I know I haven't posted my training in a few days, but I have been working a lot on my anaerobic conditioning in an effort not to get gassed breathing through that (seemingly) tiny hole in my mouth-guard. I will say, that learning to breath with my diaphragm has helped this, but I often catch myself forgetting to do it in trying to focus on everything else. I've been running a lot of suicides, boxing, jiu jitsu, the 15:15 (which I have switched to for convenience purposes I won't get into), and OAPU's (which I will get damn it).

The moral of the story is: kettlebell workouts are to be done before you run- learning the hard way is not a very cool experience.

1 comment:

fawn said...

Renee, you train like a crazy lady... which is why I look at your blog! LOL!